By default NetObjects Fusion names your home page to index.html. Some web hosts use a default opening page of home.html or default.html. Some hosts who support dynamic languages also support different extensions such as index.cfm or index.asp or index.php. See this tutorial for how to set different file extensions on all of your pages
Changing the Name of Your Home Page NetObjects Fusion
- Go to Publish View
- Click the Settings Icon
- Click the Advanced button on the Publish Settings palette
- From the drop down box select the preset names of index, home, or default OR select Current Page Name this option will keep what ever name you used for your home page as the actual name of the finished page. Use this with care as most web hosts only support index, default, and home as the default page names for the primary page
Changing the name of your Home page in Fusion Essentials
- From Publish View select the publish view Icon
- Click the the Advanced Publish Settings link on the properties palette
- Select one of the options from the drop down
If you select Current Page Name from the list the name that you give your opening page will not be changed. This option is good if you are going to have a Flash intro page and you wish another name for the actual opening page of your site
If you need a different file extension created for all of your web pages read over the next tutorial on setting a default file extension in NetObjects Fusion by pressing the next button at the bottom of this page
Did you find this tutorial useful?
Do you want to keep this resource online?
Make a donation to keep gotFusion alive
This page was written by and is maintained by turtle