How to set up your Outlook Express News Reader
to view the gotFusion news server and newsgroups
You have reached this page from a link sent to you in an email when you asked to subscribe to the gotFusion premium support newsgroups. These newsgroups are free to all users of the NetObjects Fusion product. Besides finding all of the Fusion newsgroups you will find specific newsgroups on Search Engine Optimization, New Features Requests, the Lounge where you can discuss any topic and a host of other web design and development subjects.
Your user name and password for the support news groups has been sent directly to you via email. You will use your standard username and password which is the same one you use to access the gotFusion web site. CLick this link if you have forgotten your gotFusion Username/Password
NOTE: You MUST log onto the web based forums BEFORE you set up any outside news reader. All users must be authenticated in the web forum before any newsgroups can show in an outside reader.
To subscribe to the gotFusion News Server:
- Start your Outlook Express program
- From the Outlook Express menu option Tools select > Accounts
- Select the News Tab > Add button > Add News..... option.
- In the wizard enter the name you want to display in your posts in the 1st input box.
- Enter your e-mail address in the next wizard screen. Include an easy to understand spam block in your email address such as john-NO-SPAM@earthlink-NO-SPAM.net .
- Enter the name of the gotFusion.com NNTP Server (www.gfwebforum.com), check the box My news server requires me to log on.
- Enter your gotFusion account name and password that you use to log into the gotFusion account. The user name and password are CASE SENSITIVE so copy and paste them from the email to the input box.
- If you are not a memnber of gotFusion click here
- Click Finish and this account will show up in your list of news server accounts
Set the News Server account for posting in the gotFusion groups:
- Highlight the Fusion News Server and click the Properties button.
- Select the Advanced tab Check Ignore news sending format and post using and select plain text.
- You can change the new server display name, your name, your e-mail, and other items from properties.
Subscribing to the news groups on the gotFusion news server:
General News Reader Settings for the gotFusion News groups:
Set your Outlook Express News Reader to post in plain text and un-check the option to respond in the same format as the original post. This is the proper way to post in a public newsgroup. Many people use dedicated news readers that cannot display html posts and will not be able to help you if you post in HTML. If you MUST make a post in HTML you can select the Format > Rich Text option from the individual message you are writing.
This page was written by and is maintained by turtle