PHP in Fusion -- The Basics
PHP is a powerful scripting language that allows you to create pages that are interpreted by a web hosting server BEFORE the page's HTML is generated. The server evaluates the PHP code, then based on the results, generates an HTML page for the viewer. This allows one page to be used and viewed differently based on the valued of the PHP code, or a "dynamic" web page. PHP is often used to front end databases (particularly popular is to use PHP to access a MySQL database).
PHP, The Basics, you will learn how to to insert PHP code into NetObjects Fusion, and some of the basic PHP command structure:
- Learn PHP --What can PHP be used for?
- PHP Essentials -- the basics PHP requirements for any page containing PHP code
- PHP in Fusion -- How to get your PHP code inserted into your Fusion .nod file
- Reading Files -- How to open and read simple files in PHP
- Variables -- Variables in PHP and structure requirements
- Flow Control -- Controlling your code with IFs, WHILEs, etc
Lesson 1 - Learn PHP
Did you find this tutorial useful? Would like to view all of our tutorials and support pages?
Join the NetObjects Fusion Users Group Community
This page was written by and is maintained by Tami Burke